Re: [Harp-L] Re: scary fast harmonica - uhhhh

I hadn't watched yet when I posted.

I watched/listened.

As for me, I didn't dig it.

GW

I do dig Sugar Blue/Howard Levy/Jason Ricci though.

At 10:48 AM 2/11/2009, Winslow Yerxa wrote:
I gotta say, this so-called "best harmonica player" isn't even close. He's just repeating some easy weed-wacker licks at medium-fast tempo, then nudges them into double time at the end - a long way from "scary fast.". It's a simple trick, but judging by the comments, it impresses some people (though I note that one commented, "That's not bad, but I prefer music").

The guy who did it may have just been jamming casually (on a train? in a bus?) and may not be responsible for the Youtube presentation

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa