Subject: [Harp-L] music, tempo loudness,

Absolute common sense, and very well said....certainly nice to hear someone
speak up with irrefutably clear logic for those who play harmonica
indisputably  'outside the box'.

Where's the general acceptance of musical differences? There seems to be
always an onslaught of negative comments by some who seem to think that how they
play (and think) is the only acceptable method or style on a harmonica, even
for  the rest of us.

Whatever happened to having different tastes, likes and dislikes in  music?
Last time I looked the harmonica was a musical instrument, capable  of being
played in many different ways.

I wonder if threads like this come up on guitar forums?  Do  people there
argue and dictate about the differences in speed and sound  between Hendrix and
Clapton?

Are there piano sites where Stevie Wonder (proficient on more than one
instrument --another big no-no somehow) is compared to Van  Cliburn  or Liberace
(in the Guinness book of World Records as  the fastest piano player?)  Maybe
Liberace played 'too many notes' as  well?

For some reason Pete Seeger's version of Malvina Reynolds' 'Little Boxes'
has been running through my mind since the beginning of this particular  thread:
;)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3rN59GlWw_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3rN59GlWw)

Great post, Rainbow Jimmy