[Harp-L] Note Speed

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I wonder if threads like this come up on guitar forums?  Do  people there
> argue and dictate about the differences in speed and sound  between Hendrix and
> Clapton?

There was actually a person who developed a notes per minute scale for the guitar.  Then all the speed demon guitar players were ranked.  15 notes a second was not uncommon.  This was also factoring in that it had to be musically and rhythmically valid, there was someone who could play a lot faster than that but he was mainly just spazzing his hand. I think a harmonica player's lips would implode at that speed.  Clapton and Hendrix did not make that speed list (in my opinion that is good).  Tone is the big argument on the guitar sites.  If you thought we get in some arguments here, imagine amplifying that by the gargantuan amount of gear available for the guitar player.

Improve your home. Click for products, services, and project ideas.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbu3zDsDZMIcRlxg9zHWkzV3DaEXTwPWM3BBINkYKg7JcREqM/