From: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx <IcemanLE@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Cadillac Records
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, February 13, 2009, 4:38 PM

Good things about this movie -
Evoked the period pretty well.
Artists that changed the course of music that came from Chess Records -  good
info for all
Music was great - a lot who see the movie will no doubt go checking out the
recordings
Howlin' Wolf character was great. as was Chuck Berry
A few good dramatic set pieces within the framework of the movie

Bad things about this movie - (IMO)
I found that I was watching the movie rather than being swept up by it -
felt like a long movie
Characters were drawn in a two dimensional way - the good were sooo good,
the bad really bad, the crazy really crazy - no real depth to the characters
(although I still really liked the Howlin' Wolf character).
Constant use of close ups of all the characters - they all looked sooo
pretty and perfect (even LW, until he got his face bashed).
I hate when non-musicians pretend to play instruments - it looks awful.

All in all, I'd call this one a rental rather than a theatre movie, for my
personal taste. However, it is well worth checking out - this subject is very
rarely covered by Hollywood, even if they did do a "Hollywood" to the facts.
Did  I mention that the music was GREAT?
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=fe
bemailfooterNO62)