Re: [Harp-L] Reminiscences of an Old Rocker "Rockers, not MOCKERS"

Okay, I can't resist.  This was the lineup I saw, in order, from a folding metal chair, in the front row center, ten feet from the edge of the stage, at the Village Theater (later the Fillmore East) in NYC, at my very first rock concert in 1967:

Janis Ian
Richie Havens
The Chambers Brothers
The Doors (At their first performance in NYC--"Light My Fire" hadn't even hit the New York FM stations)
The Blues Project (unfortunately, right after Al Kooper left, and the band had tech problems on "Flute Thing")

For that seat and that lineup, I paid $2.50. The Doors in particular were tremendously capable and original--it was like meeting emissaries from another planet.  The Chambers Brothers were amazing too--I will never forget the harmonies on "People Get Ready."  As one of my friends said to me a couple of days later, "They're just a bunch of farm boys, but they can sing."

It was an incredible show, and it kind of warped my expectations of value for money for concerts ever since.

Regards, Richard Hunter