Re: [Harp-L] Jensen P12R cone cry - help needed.

My only experience with cone cry was a smooth cone cleveland 6" in my tweed champ. I recently replaced it with a Weber signature 6", no problems there.

I am curious about the P12R speakers being described as "shrill". Are you only refering to the current Italian made speakers? I have two 50's amps a vibrolux and a Gibson GA30 that have chicago built p12r's, and they are chimey, yes, but shrill, no. I also have one of the current Italian made P12Q's in a Magnatone Troubador and have been very pleased with how it sounds. I read lots of negative things about the Italian Jensens, but the ones I have (a couple of 10's and 12's) sound pretty good for newer speakers. I would be very interested in more opinions on those speakers. JD