[Harp-L] Re: Open mic

?? Randy,? I think Smokey Joe was a little over the top in his reply.??I was at a jam and?overheard someone ask another player if a harp amp was provided or if you had to?bring one on your own.? The guy that was asked merely stated that the other harp players usually bring their own amps or play through the p.a.? I don't see anything?egotistical about bringing your own amp.? It's nice to?play through something you're familiar with that gives you the sound/volume you want.... That's not a case of ego....that's just someone who has found and uses something they like.? Plenty of?guitar players do the same thing and/or plug into all kinds of crazy?sound effect pedals.? Judging from all the postings concernng amps... I bet a lot of guys/girls carry their?own whenever they play out because they want to have control over their sound, etc...it's all part of the journey.? I have never turned down someone at a jam who has asked me if they can use my amp to play through.... I prefer they have their own microphone, cause its no fun when someone?drops your mic, jerks the cord on it, or slobbers beer on it....don't sit on top of my amp...and don't put?beer bottles?on top of my amp.? I don't run around and ask people if they want to use my amp.....for the above reasons....doesn't make?me a snob....my amp is one my father and I built together and it means?A LOT to me.? I?would be shocked and amazed if you asked someone to use their amp and were told no.? Just remember........ASK.....and then treat that person's equipment appropriately.? Also, don't get up there with two harps and just noodle around regardless of the key the band is playing in..... harmonica players get a bad rap as it is.? Remember...ask....you'll be pleasantly surprised.....