[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 66, Issue 54

Hello Robert, Duke of Whale

For my purposes, the compromise just intonation is preferred over equal
temperament tuning on my circular diatonic and chromatic harps. But ease of
playing (easy to learn blow-draw pattern)  was also a factor in  choosing the
circular.

I use a lot of chords and arpeggios in my playing, and the circular system
provides up to and including 13th chords on each diatonic scale. The chords
should sound relatively pleasing to the ear. They do, with just intonation,  but
they won't with equal temperament.

"just" one person's opinion.

Best Regards
John Broecker