[Harp-L] Re: Eminence Speakers

Hi again everybody,

As the Weber speakers are hard to get here in Europe, please inform of the most recommendable 12" Eminence speaker for harp use (in a Blues Junior)

Looking forward to reading your competent answers.

All the best

Jens Juel

Hi
I have had no problems with 50's or 60's Jensens except eventually blowing
them and having them re-coned.
Considering they have had 50 + years behind them that can be
understood. Take them to a good seaker repair man and off you go again.
I had one Italian 12" ceramic in my crestline Gibson Falcon and it had
extremely annoying high/mid shrill.
It occurred with harp and especially with guitar. My amp tech measured it
and there was an extremely high peak around 7 kHz.
Also my guitar player had two 10"alnico Italian Jensens in his stereo Gibson
and the same
problem was present.
Both of us ended with Eminence Legend series speakers and there are no
problems.
The sound is very similar to old Jensens except the new speakers being a
little tighter.
I can't say that all new Jensens sound bad. Another friend of mine has a 12"
ceramic in 40's Epiphone Electar and it sounds fine.
I don't know whether it is bad manufacturing or lack of quality control, but
I wouldn't take a risk to face similar
problems again. I stick to Eminence for very good price/quality ratio, but
there of course other options available
Weber or Tone Tubby etc. that are a little bit pricier.
Regards
Jukka Makinen