[Harp-L] Re: New wind saver valve leather

Hi Paul,

The right kind of leather can be hard to find; most modern accordion reed
valves are of the Italian style, which don't do well in harmonicas. Don't do
anything with the old chromatic for the moment as I have a technique to
refurbish the old valves in case you can't find satisfactory material for
new ones.  I'm away tomorrow to Scoil Cheoil in Ballyferriter till the end
of the week and have only a couple of days home next week before heading out
again, but I'll try to get a description along with photos of the technique
uploaded as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Rick

http://www.dervish.ie/theunwanted.html