Re: [Harp-L] Memphis Jams

Billy Gibson you meant though, not Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top (which I would be upset to learn I missed if *he* was there blowing some harp!).

Bill H

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Ferguson" <joeferguson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:56:25 AM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: [Harp-L] Memphis Jams

I was in Memphis at last year's IBF contest, and Rum Boogie Cafe had an open
jam session hosted by Billy Gibbons one night and Bob Margolin the next. The
place was packed, so you'll want to get there early if you want to get a
turn. I've been down there a couple times, and jammed a couple doors down
from Rum Boogie one time, but I forget the name. I also really liked the
Rock and Soul Museum, Sun Studios, Stax, and we even went to Graceland.
Joe