Re: [Harp-L] Re: New wind saver valve leather

On Feb 18, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Jonathan Ross wrote:
. You 'could' try this (which I suggested to Vern Smith).

I've used these and not particularly liked them. I think I prefer the standard-style of Hohner valve to this.

I worded it badly. What I meant was ..... you could try this: Very fine wire from radio tuner cables. These cables also come in machines no longer used in offices and which I have found in dumps.. Marchant calculator, Royal industrial school typewriter, various electronical components. Current sources are Epson and other model printers. Having spent a lifetime tearing things apart, I am always on the lookout for materials adaptable to harmonica. AND, I don't buy NOTHIN.

smo-joe