RE: [Harp-L] Best chromatic blues songs...

I can't think of particular songs by these cats but they all really take the George Smith/Little Walter approach to a new level with their use of the button, while still playing in 3rd position.
Dennis Gruenling
Johnny Rover
Mitch Kashmar
Doug Jay
And the aforementioned Mark Hummel is ALWAYS doing amazing new things with chromatic. I particularly enjoy how he will use the button to play a riff over all three chords, like a horn section, rather than just using it for passing tones in a line. He makes good harmonic sense by playing a riff over the I and then flatting the 3rd for the IV etc.

Rick Estrin also does some great things on chromatic.

If you can track it down try and get a copy of Scratchin' a collection mostly of T-Bone inspired guitar tunes from Pete "Guitar" Lewis, Jimmy Nolen and Cal Green. Pete Lewis plays harp on two instrumentals with the full Johnny Otis Orchestra. "Harmonica Boogie" is a nice uptempo tune on diatonic and "Blast" is a KILLER tune with rhythm changes on a chromatic.

Ryan
(who's been known to toot a chromatic or two)