Re: [Harp-L] "Take the A Train" [again]

Go to the Jamie Aebersold page;
http://aebersold.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JAZZ&;
Category_Code=AEBPLA

When you get there you will see covers of all the Aebersold-play-along
books/CDs sets.

in the 2nd graf below the illustration is a line that says:
Click here to dowbload the Rapdi Reference - an alphabetical index of all the
songs on our play-a-longs.

You can then print it out on 5   sheets of paper 1. if your printer does
duplex (capable of printing   both sides of the same sheet) 2. If you printer only
prints one side, print sheet 1, put sheet back in paper loader face up, top
away from you, print page 2 and do that for the other 9 pages. Or if you like
to waste paper, just print it off on 10 sheets.

Take the A Train   is in key of C   in Vol. No. 12 ; also in Vol 65; Vol. 66.

This is a handy guide to have if you own more than three volumes of the
Aebersold play-along collection. And if you don't, it let's you know which one you
need to get to find the tune you want.
This tune comes in the key of C and Eb, with tempos ranging from 112,   162
and 176.

 If you don't like the keys of C and Eb, get yourself an inexpensive (about
$50) program like the Amazing Slow Downer which will slow the recording down
without changing pitch and allow you to change key. The demo lets you work only
on Track 1.

Can't read music; fine, make your own tab. Anybody can tab out a tune in the
key of C. Just grab your basic diatonic harmonica book with notation and copy
the numbers for the notes.

Otherwise, just listen to the CD. Learn it by ear. Each version has at least
4 choruses.

Hope this helps
Phil