[Harp-L] Re: harp amps vs. guitar amps

Well you could try to make that case, that it's a tweak. But the
unassailable fact is the amp is usually gigged without the attenuator and
breaks up in exactly the same way without it, stock. There is nil noticeable
effect on tone, and the amp is perfect for medium to small gigs.

The reason I had the attenuator on in the video was because I was recording
it on a Sunday afternoon in suburbia and I'm a good neighbour. Ray Beltran
asked me if it affected tone, so I sent him a wav file with the amp cranked
without the attenuator. Ask him if it sounds any different.

The attenuator is simply a switch that allows me to get the same volume I
get at larger gigs, when I'm playing very, very small gigs. So I can match
the volume to the room size.

So ignoring the attenuator, which I agree is a boutique mod that is spendy,
my point is still true. Plug in and play with it "OFF" and this amp sounds
great for harp with stock guitar tube setup and no mods. For another example
without attenuation, I have some clips of my tweed Super. That mother is
LOUD.

Drew