[Harp-L] Hohner Chrometta 10 Harmonica

  Hi, I am more and more becoming interested in learning chromatic, especially because, since I play mostly melodies, it will give me the option to play those tunes that I can't play on my diatonic, (not yet..working on those overblows and valved bends). But even if I achieve chromaticism on the diatonic, I am learning to love the tone of the chromatic as well. I must admit that at the beginning I was infatuated with the sound of the diatonic, PERIOD. Chromatic? Not interested. But things change, and I must say, I love both now.
   So, I have been looking at the Hohner Chrometta 10. Price is definitely right, but what I really like about it is the tuning layout. Solo tuned, of course, but unlike most chromatics the first note is G. These gives me the freedom to play many melodies that occasionally drop below C on the lower octave, instead of being FORCED to play in the higher octave, which will BUG me a lot. Also the size is a lot closer to a diatonic. Similar tuned chromatics like the Suzuki (14 hole) are a lot more expensive and a lot bulkier.
   Anyways, here is my question. I understand that this harmonicas can be leaky as they are obviously not top of the line. What can I do to make it tighter, less leaky?.
I have become very comfortable with gapping, embossing, tuning etc as I have worked on several of my diatonics with good results.
But, other than gapping and embossing, what else can I do????? Maybe gasketing, but what else?.
Any help in hot-rodding this harp much appreciated.
Thanks,
Daniel