Re: [Harp-L] Harp content

I think the animosity stems from him showing any kind of ego.  I'm the
best, fastest, etc.  I notice whenever I show my ego, I am received
negatively.  I also notice my competitive streak comes out with people
who I perceive as having an overactive ego.  It is too bad, because
ego is part of being human, we should have empathy and compassion for
it.

I also think there is animosity for him receiving attention that feels
undeserved to the critics.  I place this in the "geek versus the high
school quarterback" category.  As in, why should he get attention, I
am so much smarter than he is!   This is what I think all the fuss
over Popper is about.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com