[Harp-L] Leo Shi Bass harmonica

When I bought the chord harmonicas I mentioned in a previous post from the Jiyang Music Company, I also bought a few of their 2-row C/ C# Bass instruments. These are really baritone range, being pitched an octave higher than the E-Bass from people like Hohner and Huang. That's not a negative, really, as these can function as both a somewhat higher bass and a nice low-melody instrument. Indeed, while I have a lot of bass and baritone range harmonicas, these are easily my favorites and the ones that get the most play.

I was going to do an in-depth review like I did for the chord-harps, but really there's nothing I can say that Pat Missin didn't already cover in his review here:

http://www.patmissin.com/reviews/leoshibass.html

The one thing is that the ciantrader website appears to be dead, so your best bet may be to do as I did and contact the company directly:

http://www.golden-cup.com/ebar1.htm

These are wonderful instruments, and really fun to play.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'