[Harp-L] Re: Leo Shi Basses & Chord harps

Hello, "Bulldog" Ross and Pat Missin.

Thanks for your information on the Leo Shi bass and chord products made by
Golden Cup.

When I get my "economic stimulus," I'll investigate these harps.

The JH020s-3 three-deck chord harp sounds like a copy of the Hohner
Polyphonia #8, 3-deck chord harp.
The Hohner Poly #8 was an antique harp, made approximately from  1935-1950?

The 3-deck concept was the same, but the Hohner Poly 8 had blow-only  chords,
with a separate bass note below each chord.

Top deck( *), left to right: Ab7,  Eb7, Bb7, F7, C7,  G7,   D7,  A7,  E7,
B7,    Gb7,   Db7.  Dominant 7ths

Middle deck  left to right: Db,     Ab,   Eb,  Bb,  F,    C,    G,    D,
A,     E,      B,       F#   Major chords

Bottom deck left to right: Bbm, Fm,  Cm, Gm, Dm, Am, Em, Bm, Gbm,Dbm,  Abm,
Ebm Minor chords

Note(*): Many years ago, I took my 3-deck Hohner chord harp apart for
cleaning, and may have re-assembled the dominant 7th harp and minor harp in the
wrong positions, so the above chord chart may be incorrect.

I've not seen any information about the Poly #8 anywhere, so the note chart
above is as good as any.

John Broecker

John Broecker

steps!