RE: [Harp-L] Mystery player

Hi Jim,

Your tape may well have been one of the two LPs Big Joe Turner made with George Smith on board.

If it featured a brass section in addition to harp, it was most likely Big Joe's "The Real Boss of the Blues" (Blues Time 9002) which was recorded March 10, 1969 in L.A.

If it was a smaller unit (harp, piano, guitar, bass drums) it was probably the LP "Turns On the Blues " (Kent LP 542) recorded in L. A. in 1970.

cheers,
Tom
http://www.tomball.us