[Harp-L] [Fwd: Rishell & Raines Award Nominations and Shows]

Subject: Rishell & Raines Award Nominations and Shows
From:    "Paul and Annie" <paulandannieblues@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Thu, February 26, 2009 10:57 am
To:      "Paul and Annie" <paulandannieblues@xxxxxxxxx>

BLUES MUSIC AWARD NOMINATIONS FOR RISHELL & RAINES!

 - Voting closes March 1! -

W.C. Handy Award-Winning blues duo Paul Rishell & Annie Raines have received
2 nominations for this year?s Blues Music Awards (formerly known as the W.C.
Handy Awards).  They are nominated for Acoustic Artist of the Year, and
their new live album, A Night in Woodstock, has been nominated for Acoustic
Album of the Year. Paul and Annie, who are running on hope, plan to attend
the awards ceremony at the Cook County Auditorium in Memphis on May 7.

Voters must be members of the Blues Foundation.  For information on how to
join the Blues Foundation and vote, please visit www.blues.org
<http://www.blues.org/>  or call 718.522.7171.

**FREE POSTER OFFER: Join, vote, and send us your Blues Foundation
membership number and we?ll send you a FREE, personally autographed 11x17
poster of Paul Rishell serenading Annie Raines on the moon.  The image, a
photo collage by noted photographer Alan S. Orling and Brooklyn fine artist
Emily Orling, is copied below or you can view it at
<http://www.myspace.com/paulandannie> www.myspace.com/paulandannie.  If they
gave out Handy Awards for posters this one would win!

PAUL AND ANNIE FAN TABLE: Tickets to the BMA?s are available individually
for $125 or a table of ten for $1200.  On top of this incredible $5 savings,
attendees are entitled to deep discounts at the Marriott in Memphis the week
of the awards.  Anyone interested in being part of a table of all Paul and
Annie fans can email us at paulandannieblues@xxxxxxxxx and we?ll get y?all
together!  Reply ASAP SVP.

Upcoming shows: scroll down for dates in MA, ME, NY, PA, NC, TN, TX, and
more news?

-----

2/28  9:30 PM (show runs 2 ? 11 PM)

LINDEN TREE COFFEEHOUSE SOS II Fundraiser

Unitarian Universalist Church, 326 Main Street, Wakefield, MA

Ticket info: 781-246-2836 or email lindentree85@xxxxxxxxxxx

Website: http://www.lindentreecoffeehouse.org/

-----

3/7  8 PM

ONE LONGFELLOW SQUARE

181 State St., Portland, Maine (207) 239-1855

Double bill w/Avi & Celia

www.onelongfellowsquare.com <http://www.onelongfellowsquare.com/>

-----

3/12   7-9 PM

Harmonica Workshop

Hosted by the Harmonica Players Organization of Frederick (MD)

-----

3/14

VIRGINIA HARMONICAFEST

Four Points Sheraton, Williamsburg, VA

For more info email Tom McCraig at harpplayer1@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----

3/21  8 PM

ROSENDALE CAFÉ

434 Main St, Rosendale, NY (845) 658-9048

http://www.rosendalecafe.com/

-----

4/10  8 PM

BROOKHAVEN CENTER

At Brookhaven National Laboratory, Brookhaven, NY

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData
<http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData
&eventId=980074> &eventId=980074

-----

4/11  2-4 PM

WORKSHOPS at BROOKHAVEN CENTER

Paul will be teaching intermediate/advanced country blues guitar

Annie will be teaching how to play harmonica as a group

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData
<http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData
&eventId=980144> &eventId=980144

-----

4/12  7:30 PM

SELLERSVILLE THEATRE 1894

Sellersville, PA   <http://www.st94.com/> www.st94.com

Opening for Charlie Musselwhite

-----

4/17  8 PM

FINCH COFFEEHOUSE

Unitarian Church, Pleasant St, Newburyport, MA 978-465-5767

http://finchcoffeehouse.com/

-----

4/18  8 PM

THE BULL RUN

Rt. 2A, Shirley, MA http://www.bullrunrestaurant.com/

-----

4/24

LITTLE CHICAGO BLUES FEST

@ THE DOWN HOME

Johnson City, TN

-----

4/25

THE FAMILY WASH

Nashville, TN

With the Scissormen

-----

4/29 ? 5/3  - in Texas!  No gigs yet; recommendations welcome!

-----

5/7

BLUES MUSIC AWARDS

Cook County Auditorium

Memphis, TN

-----

5/10

MOTHER?S DAY CONCERT

SOUTHERN VILLAGE ON THE GREEN

Chapel Hill, NC

Sponsored by ArtsCenter Live

Annie will also teach a harmonica class for women only during the day on
Mother?s Day.

More information coming soon!

-----

6/25

JALOPY

Brooklyn, NY

www.jalopy.biz <http://www.jalopy.biz/>

More news?

?A NIGHT IN WOODSTOCK? #2 ON LIVING BLUES CHART FOR JANUARY!

Based on reports from 175 blues DJs and Programmers to Living Blues Magazine

STREET TEAM ? Thank you First Responders!  We?re grateful for your help.
Stand by for instructions.  email: paulandannieblues@xxxxxxxxx for more
information about helping to promote live music in your neighborhood.

LESSON DATES: Paul and Annie are accepting students for individual private
study during the following dates:

 - March 1-3

 - March 23-April 4

Paul teaches intermediate to advanced Country Blues Guitar.

Annie teaches harmonica at all levels, beginner to advanced.

Times: 9 AM ? 7 PM, 7 days a week.  Lessons are usually 1 hour long, though
longer lessons are available on request.  email: paulandannieblues@xxxxxxxxx
for more information.

DIRT ROAD BLUES ? An instructional CD-Rom of country blues, taught by Paul
Rishell.  16 songs that will put you on your way to mastery of the styles of
Blind Boy Fuller, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Scrapper Blackwell, and more.  To
purchase, click this link to Truefire.com:
http://truefire.com/set_cart.html?add=7776

DVD UPDATE ? All licenses have been approved for the DVD of ?A Night in
Woodstock? ? our fingers are crossed that we?ll be able to get the video out
by the spring!  Songs like ?Old Man Mose? and ?Orange Dude Blues? take on a
whole new dimension when you can see the faces and the color and the drama
of it all?and there are extras too!  Sorry we haven?t posted more clips on
Youtube yet, but we will pretty soon.

As always, your feedback is welcome.  We try to keep these emailings
low-tech and as infrequent as possible.  To unsubscribe, just reply and say
so.  Spring is coming!

Best to all,

Annie & Paul

Paul Rishell & Annie Raines