Re: [Harp-L] New Little Walter Video on You Tube

I'm just shivering with the magic of this video. Though LW's recorded work shows constant innovation, hearing a whole new, huge, rich set of LW licks gives this day a red letter for me.

As beautifully as the great harp players swing/swung, I feel LW was the hardest swinging player. Any younger player who wishes to understand how to swing the harp from phrase to phrase should study this performance in depth.

Interestingly, one hears clear echoes of SBW2 all over the place.

As an acoustic player, I'd also say that this performance is the height of acoustic playing. I keep a very good bullet mic on my desk to remind me of how much there is left to learn, but this video does the same.

Thanks to Will Greener for this find!

Ken