RE: [Harp-L] Seydel 1847 vs. customs

If it were me I'd buy the Joe Spiers customs.  For *ME* these harmonicas
represent the best value currently available.  Richard Sleigh and Jimmy
Gordon are also building stunningly good instruments for a reasonable
price.  I have 5 Seydel 1847's, one is customised.  I also have a
customised brass reed Seydel.  These harmonicas languish.  I like them
well enough but they do not play like  Hohners.  It might be if I spent
the time playing the Seydel's that I'd get used to them but currently it
ain't broke so I ain't fixin' it.  Your mileage will definitely vary and
this post merely represents the collective subjective experiences of the
author and is not meant to imply truth or fact in any way.  fjm