Re: [Harp-L] Trying out my new amp. You Tube video

Thanks so much Brad for the suggestions. I will go early to set up, before people start coming in and hopefully I'll get it right. Upon reviewing the video I noticed the harp sounded kind of harsh, I want a more mellow, rounded sound. I'll lower the harp volume like you suggested, (my wife kept telling me "I think the harp is too loud"). Would it be better to put the mic on a stand instead and play close to it?

-------------------------------------------------- From: "Bradford Trainham" <bradford.trainham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 10:51 AM To: "'Daniel Perrone'" <dany_perrone@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Trying out my new amp. You Tube video

Hi Daniel,
I think, for the setting and for your budget, that should work just fine.
Just be conscious of the mix of your harp and the backing tracks. I realize
that's hard to convey accurately over youtube, but you're getting a strong
sound with lots of mid-ranges/lows and you don't want to drown out the
accompaniment.
But I don't think that's too much reverb and if the mix is right, I bet the
"noise" will be "joyful"!!
Happy new year,
Brad Trainham