[Harp-L] Embossing v Burnishing

SmoJoe said:
In the act of embossing, you are forcing material UP by putting pressure on the surrounding material.

  Can you please explain - exactly where on the reed plate is the material forced upward?  To emboss
the half of the slot that is not near the rivet, I use a small socket. My impression is that this
causes both sides of a slot to be simultaneously squeezed IN towards the reed, thereby reducing
tolerances between the edges of the reed and the reed slot.
Ron