[Harp-L] Turboharp

Ron "Captron100" wrote:

"...welcome back..."

Thank you. I miss you guys.

and, "... do care to tell us what is new in your line of harps that are set
up for OB's, which u discontinued
a few years ago?"

Thank you again for your kind words. The TurboHarp/AX-S20 to which you refer
was really a labor of love. Many people liked them, but they were so time
consuming to set up (properly)that I could only justify pursuing while I was
still single and had no life... outside of my day job that is. I
discontinued them mainly because I felt so guilty for making customers wait
6-8 weeks, sometimes longer if I was on the road or in the midst of a big
project.

That being said, I have decided to offer them again. But this time, rather
than made-to-order, I'm going to make a few in advance, in a limited
selection of keys, and sell them from stock... until depleted. Then repeat
the cycle.

My wish has always been for one of my other projects to become profitable to
the point that I could hire staff to help with the fabrication and
customization. This has not yet been the case... but hope springs eternal.
We're now working on multiple other projects, in various stages of
completion. I could tell you about them off list. But I dont want to risk
misusing this list to promote my business - as unprofitable as it may be. I
*will* say that some projects are rather frivilous, like an illuminated key
label, and others very ambitious, like the electric harp. And then there are
some in-between that are potentially practical *and* feasible. Out of these,
there are a handful that I'm very excited about. But progress has always
been slower than my propensity to come up with new ideas. And I've learned
that there is *no* such thing as a simple project. Take the Turbolid, for
example: that silly piece of plastic took about 6 months of R&D and
investment of about $40,000 to get off the ground. You can only imagine what
an electronic harmonica involves. But I digress.

In short, thanks again for your encouragement. Stay tuned for the return of
the TurboHarp/AX-S20, as well as other harmonica-related innovations, big
and small.