[Harp-L] Marine Band Reed Plate Screws

Bill,

If you chrome plate the covers you will make them heavier which will change the tone of the harmonica. The heavier the cover plates, the LOUDER and BRIGHTER the harp will be, like the Hohner Meisterclasse MS and the Suzuki Pro Harp. The covers on each of those models also have full length open backs and are unvented, which are design features that also increase volume, but the WEIGHT of the chrome plated covers has a lot to do with the very BRIGHT tone of those models. I'm sure not everyone will agree with me about this, but I'm pretty confident that chrome plating the covers will brighten the tone considerably and will probably increase the volume as well, which may or may not be what you want. Greater volume is usually not objectionable, but a very bright tone can change the entire character of the instrument.

JP