[Harp-L] Thank You, Winslow!

I've never been a player who worked on his harps.  The only time I opened
them up was when I thought some gunk was causing a reed to hang.  If I
didn't see anything in the harp I tossed it, thinking it was ruined.

A few days ago my all-time favorite A harp (an MB Deluxe) started ringing a
nasty tone when I bent the 3-hole draw a full tone.  I thought I was in for
another $50.  But I opened Winslow Yerxa's book "Harmonica for Dummies" to
page 267 and started reading.  I didn't really know what I was doing, but I
gapped the reeds and cleaned everything, and carefully aligned everything
when I reassembled the harp.  Voila!  The problem was eliminated and the
harp plays better than it ever did before.

I got so enthused I immediately did the same to all my gigging harps.  I was
planning to buy several new harps for a recording project this weekend, but
now I'm good to go with what I have.  Thanks, Winslow.  You saved me a
couple hundred bucks and made me a happy harmonica guy.

-Rick Davis