From: mfugazzi67 <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
To: mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2009 9:39:24 AM
Subject: Fwd:  Re: [Harp-L] BBE Two Timer Delay pedal

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Hunter
<turtlehill@...> wrote:

"David Brown" wrote:
<I use only a short delay on most songs, but do one song that uses a long
<delay briefly in the middle and then switchs back to short delay. I use a
<effects board on the floor and bending over to flick a little toggle
on my
<Danecho is a pain in the middle of a solo. This BBE BBE Two Timer Delay
<pedal looks like a possibility as it lets you switch using your foot.<
<
<Has anybody tried one ?

I haven't tried this pedal.  BBE in general makes good stuff, but
every delay has its own sound, and you really need to try the thing to
know whether the sound appeals to you.  I do think $150 is a lot for a
delay, even one with two switchable settings--there are only so many
uses for such a device.

As an alternative, check the user reviews at
http://harmonycentral.com.  Or buy online from Musiciansfriend--they
offer a 45-day no excuses necessary return policy.  You'll pay return
postage, but that's not much compared to being stuck with an effects
unit you don't like.

As another alternative, consider a multieffects device with a
footpedal that can be assigned to change the delay time.  The Digitech
RP series devices will do this and are in the same price range as the
BBE--my guess is that some of the other amp modelers out there will do
it too.  The advantage here is that you get more than a delay for your
money, and also that you keep everything in a single device.

Finally, consider getting a channel switching pedal and a second delay
unit.  An A/B/Y pedal will run you about $35, and a decent second
delay unit will probably run you less than $100, both new.  Then you
run your mic into the A/B/Y pedal, and the outputs of the A/B/Y pedal
to your different delay units, then to the amp.  When you want the
longer delay, switch channels on the A/B/Y pedal.  This is slightly
lower cost, and also gives you a lot of flexibility you don't have
with the BBE dual delay, because you can create very different effects
chains on each of the output channels.  The tradeoff is that you now
have at least two more effects pedals on stage, instead of one.

Regards, Richard Hunter