[Harp-L] Digitech 200 question

 I understand than when playing blues with the traditional tube amp, bullet mic set up is very important to cup and seal the mic well to drive the mic/amp to produce the desired blues amped sound.
I am thinking of buying a Digitech 200 in the future to play through my keyboard amp (or even a PA system). Assuming that the Digitech 200 is well patched to emulate any of the well known blues tube amps, my question is : How critical is it to tightly cup the microphone ? Since all the effects are now digital do you still have to obtain a good seal around the mic when going for the traditional blues amped sound.
Thanks,
Daniel