Re: Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Hohner CX-12 Jazz Chromatic

On Jan 9, 2009, at 11:43 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

Wadi: a replacement black CX-12 cover is available here in the States for
$42...which is fairly reasonable if the housing breaks and one needs a
replacement.

But I'm a bit puzzled by your comment about putting a chromonica or
Suzuki mouthpiece onto a CX-12.  How is that possible?

Grind the face piece flat, rough up the back of the mouthpiece, and use epoxy or polyester.

sMo-joe

The CX-12 is a completely one-piece rounded shell, with the one piece slide
contained inside. Are you talking about attaching or gluing a separate
chromonica or suzuki mouthpiece onto the outside of it? Somehow that just doesn't
compute, for me...since it would put the player's breath that much further
away from reaching the reeds, and I don't have a clue why anyone would wish to
do this. Can you explain further?

I also think the cost of $200 just for the shell of the jazz cx-12 chromatic
is absolutely ludicrous, and I'm a long-time Hohner fan.

Elizabeth

Message: 2