RE: [Harp-L] so new im an infant

hello Abner

2 years ago i bought my first harmonica. at first i couldn t hit single notes. most professionals advice is to use tongue blocking (it means that you should cover with your tongue the left holes of the one you want to play) or puckering (using your lips ) . i couldn t hit single notes with these 2 techniques then (no i can with both)

it helped me a third technique. it is called v blocking. you make your tongue shaped as the letter v. at first i touched with the top of my tongue (v style) the hole and produced single note.after a little time  practice i could play single note having the harmonica more inside my mouth. the tongue is a little  beneath the harmonica but still in v and plays single notes faster. this technique helped me produce single clear notes at the begining and not get frustrated perhaps.  2-3 months after that i managed to hit single notes puckering too. and 2-3 months later i could bend notes with puckering (it was more difficult with v blocking!) .

i read somewhere though, that only 70% of people can do their tongue in v shape.

sorry for my bad english,

i wish you to get well soon,

Leonidas

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;