[Harp-L] Subject: Re: Podcast Interview/Review of Jason Ricci and Rocket No. 9

Fabulous synopsis of Rocket No. 9 by this A1 artist  spotlight guy Marc re
Jason Ricci & New Blood...along with some  information about the individual
songs....and where one can hear a lot of the  album interspersed with an interview
of Jason over the phone by  the reviewer:

_http://a1artistspotlight.com/_ (http://a1artistspotlight.com/)

...the podcast interview with Jason and playing of songs from the CD runs a
good 44 minutes...well worth every second for those who haven't before heard
Jason's absolute brutal honesty about himself and his life (he also does this
during his shows)....as well as his take on just where his 'style'  falls
among music genres (and why), and his harmonica influences (for those  who insist
on arguing with me about that particular  point)<G>

(Someone who clearly has no idea about  either performer insisted on a
youtube video comment recently that  Howard Levy and Jason 'despised' each other -
a complete absurdity, as  Jason makes clear in this interview).

One thing Mark does mention (as so many of us have already  maintained) is
that one derives even more from the album after  attending a Live show by Jason
and the band...since he hadn't realized that what  was on the album was also
all played by them onstage and not special effects  added later in a studio -
he was so blown away by what Jason can do with a  harmonica...and because of
just how good the individual members of the band  proved to be...he went back to
listen to the CD with a fresh perspective.

This is something so many of us feel is true: this band needs to be seen  and
experienced Live to be believed...they put on an amazing show, well worth
the pittance charged by any club. Our own SmoJoe had written a wonderful  review
after his first time experiencing Jason and New Blood, live.

One reason I'm writing this is to fill in what I see  is Marc's most
egregious omission: that of Michael Peloquin - whose  saxophone playing on
Dodecahedron is SO wonderfully contributory to the album.  So...kudos, Michael.

The interviewer mentioned a new upcoming album for Jason Ricci & New  Blood.
Now that will surely be a major treat for those of us who are friends and
fans.

Elizabeth

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)