[Harp-L] Hidden Harp Gems (was: RE: Review of Jason Ricci)

Elizabeth wrote:
" ...Michael Peloquin - whose saxophone playing on Dodecahedron is SO
wonderfully contributory to the album".

And speaking of MP, I happened to put on a CD by Mitch Woods (Shakin' the
Shack) last weekend since I was feeling the need to listen to some jump
blues/boogie-woogie piano stylings.  Part way through the CD I noticed the
sax playing had been really great, but what caught my ear was harmonica on a
song ("Boogie with the Boogieman") that was just outstanding - fresh,
swinging, interesting melodic lines.  I had to check the liner notes to see
who it was, and much to my surprise I see it's M. Peloquin himself!  I've
had this CD for a while and don't think I had realized MP was on sax and
harp on this.  Good tight band for anyone wanting to check out some
jump/funk blues (although there's just a little harp on it, but what's there
is great.)

I'm having fun recently discovering "hidden harp gems" in songs or albums
often overlooked.  For instance, I was listening to Blues FM on-line radio
and heard a song by Debbie Davies (pretty sure it was "I Get the Blues So
Easy" from the "Loose Tonight" CD) in which the harp playing/solo really
caught my ear.  After a little research I find that the player is "Fingers"
Taylor.  Very different from his Buffett work - quite bluesy and driven.
(Caveat - I'm not sure how much harp in on the CD).  Wonder how many other
nuggets are out there?  It would be cool to have a compilation album of
songs with hidden harp gems in them ... I guess that's what i-tunes and
individual mp3 downloads are for.  Above are two nominations, any others?

Fred S