[Harp-L] Re: the small amp for beginners controversy

I bought one of those little "Piggies" years ago. I practiced through it for a long time using the optional AC adapter and a basic green bullet. It's very reliable. I'm sure I would still have it today if my teen-aged son hadn't decided to become an electric guitar student.He's gotten lots of use out of it, as well, and it still works just fine. While I certainly see the importance of acoustic practice as it relates to tone development , hand shaping, etc, I think if one's goal is to play electrically, one should start, from the beginning, incorporating a mic and amp into the practice routine. After all, if your goal is to play electric guitar, should you practice strictly on an acoustic model? The 7-100 was running under 100 bucks the last time I checked. How can a beginner go wrong with that?