[Harp-L] Fwd: 4th position/10th position

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: January 16, 2009 6:43:52 AM GMT-05:00
To: Larry Marks <larry.marks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 4th position/10th position

Larry,

Personally, I found that learning 5th had the most effect on expanding my ability to handle more/different kinds of material on a diatonic. I use mostly 2d, 5th, 1st and 3d in that order and rarely use 4th, except to play "All Along the Watchtower." I don't use 3d for minors very often. i think 5th is a better and easier position for most minors. My project for 2009 is to learn arpeggios and 12th position. But !0th?? I'm not familiar w/10th. What is it like and what do you use it for?

JP