Re: [Harp-L] 'Lost' Tongue Blocking Techniques for Solo Harmonica

First off, sorry for the "no subject" post--I hate when I do that.

Filisko is certainly the best teacher of old-time stuff I've ever met, so if you can get to one of his teachathons at SPAH that would be highly recommended.

I'd also suggest you buy this CD:

http://www.samhinton.org/harmonica/

I'd say any harmonica player, enthusiast or old-time fan should buy this, it is simply fantastic. Hinton's playing is amazing, even if you've heard both the old-time solo players and some of the modern masters of these techniques. Also, amazingly, there is a series of instructional videos of Hinton on YouTube, this is the first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcSLudnKFPA

And this is the site for all of them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DancingCatProduction

This is the most amazing of them all, and I really, really want one of these (I've experimented with blow/draw flue pipes and have seen the patents for this--actually making one would be very difficult, more error than trial):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEXi8pqlZKY&feature=channel_page

Hope this helps:

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () `----'