[Harp-L] Best harp amp....

?? It's almost funny sometimes to see all the serious talk of which amp is the best and all.? It's easy to get caught up in ampmania........I have from time to time....you spend all this time trying to figure out..."man, what amp is so and so playing on that recording?" or checking out big name players rigs during breaks at their gigs..... then you read an interview that was done with Little Walter about his equipment.? He can't say what his favorite amp was except to describe what sounds like a Danelectro Commando.? I imagine he?probably just used?a?house p.a. a lot.??I got lucky enough to talk with Carey Bell one night before one of his gigs with Bob Margolin.? I asked him what his favorite amp was.? He didn't know the name of it.? All he could do was describe it....had speakers and a head that went into the back of it....said he wished he could find another like it.? He couldn't?really tell me much about his microphone except that someone in Norway or something had made it.? It seemed kind of funny to sweat amps and stuff when?someone like that can't even tell you the name?of his favorite.??Anyways...he played through someone else's bassman that night and was the most enjoyable harp player I'd ever seen.....and someone else had to turn the amp on for him.? He didn't go back and forth adjusting knobs all night like some big name pros I've seen....he just played his ass off and everyone loved him.? Reading or hearing stuff like that really made me back off being such a gear head....though I relapse from time to time.? Anyways......my pick for a best buy would be an old Masco head from the 40's with an old cheap speaker(s).? A Gibson Maestro with four eights from the 50's is killer provided the guitar players aren't trying to be heard two counties over.? How 'bout a late 50's Silvertone 1432 or....... :-)