Re: [Harp-L] Alligator was: Harp Gear v/s Marble Max

Tom Klingl wrote:

(Alligator Amp)

> LOL, and only lousy SFr. 3,799.00 (equals to USD 3,454 or EUR 2,604)

Probably less if you buy it directly from the manufacturer. The amp is made in
Schaffhausen, if you're in the near, you can drop by and test it, and you can
buy it for their price. But take care: Once you tried it, you're sold...

I own the 1st one they built, and since then i never used another one - my
Bassman RI with the Blue frame Eminence speakers never left his corner in the
house anymore. The alligator beats him hands down... :-)

The story about the Alligator is: There was a harp player addicted to amps,
and the Switzerland company asked him wether he'd like to develop a harp amp
together with them. That guy knows a lot about amps and he specified a lot of
details, and one of the details was: We don't care about the price in first
place, we want to build a real killer amp and we'll count up the numbers
later. Well, the amp is not a cheapo, but it's worth every penny.

Well: The harp player is me, and i don't get percentage or something, i only
requested the 1st preproduction model for my work. The tech there and I
became good friends since then, but that's really all. Ah yes: They're always
open for ideas, special wishes and very supportive. The only issue: They
aren't in the US.

Seeya,
Ralf