Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Inaugural notice

No doubt!

 I actually found her list a tiny bit jarring...what  would have seemed to
flow a bit better for me would have been substituting  washboard for boombox
(you don't really 'make' music on a boombox for the most  part, do you?...rather
listen to mostly loud music on it).

..since the idea seemed a reference to how people have made music  using what
was at hand, or with the most basic 'folk' instrument such as a
harmonica...and in that case a fiddle would have fit too.  But listing them  as:

"a pair of wooden spoons on an oil drum with cello, washboard, harmonica,
voice."

just works so much better for me, lol.  (I know...how dare I even  think
about rewriting another poet's words)....

...anyway, I was thrilled by the inclusion of harmonica,  regardless...and if
you think about it, Michael, the voice is/can be such a huge  and powerful
'instrument'...so being referenced ahead of voice is still a  major step up for
our wee instrument <G>

just my farthing's worth ;)

Elizabeth

Message: 14
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:11:33 -0800
From: Michael  Peloquin <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp -l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I caught it:
Harmonica wasn't last but it was  well after wooden spoons!

"Someone is trying to make music somewhere with  a pair of wooden spoons on
an oil drum with cello, boom box, harmonica,  voice."

These quintets will be popping up all over America  soon

Michael "Yo-Yo-Yo-Mama Harp" Peloquin
http://www.harpsax.com  http://www.myspace.com/peloquinharpsax > Date: Tue,
20 Jan 2009 11:53:23  -0800> From: drfertig@xxxxxxxxx> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [Harp-L] Inaugural notice> > Did y'all catch poet Eliz. Alexander's
reference to the harmonica, in her inaugural poem?  Pretty  cool!   I can't
wait to hear about the first blues jam in the White  House!>

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)