[Harp-L] Cold Duck Time

Richard Hunter writes:

I realized after reading this that I've been playing the melody incorrectly for, like, ever--substituting an Eb (draw 2 double bend) for the low Ab. My guess is that no one complained up to now because they thought I was harmonizing it on purpose. Oh well...

This is what i have been doing too. i thought i was just fudging. But, now that i know that a musician of Mr. Hunter's caliber does the same thing, it's become clear to me that I must have been approximating. i do that a lot. i just can't always tell the difference between when I'm fudging and when I'm approximating. I'm sure glad Mr. Hunter straightened me out on this. Now that I know, I feel a lot better about it.

btw, someone sent me a recording of Mitch Kashmar doing this tune and that's what he plays, too. I guess I'm in pretty good company.

JP