[Harp-L] Re: Juke

There is an extant original recording of the Juke session. Evidently, only one variance was engineered in post for the pressing. I have heard three versions from that session iirc, and they are all different. The two that were not used were not the full tune as L.W. stopped part way through to give the band directions or make comments. IMO, L.W. had a direction he was taking with the tune, but it was more of a jam session than a scored piece, at least to say that this is a reasonable conclusion to reach after listening to the recordings.

The missing beats (or change in time) was, again IMO, an accident. His band was so accustomed to playing with him they just followed along as opposed to L.W. following the band. I think you will find that Dave Barrett agrees with this (that is where I heard the recordnigs)- The School of the Blues sells a T-shirt that says, "I play Little Walter's Mistakes" which refers to the above.

       From Randy G. Blues
  Live to Play  -  Play to Live
http://www.myspace.com/RandyGBlues
http://www.myspace.com/PhatBoyzBlue