[Harp-L] Re: Juke

The story I have heard/read about Juke is that it was simply a jam that the band used as a break lead-in. Little Walter originally called it something like "Your Cat Will Play". He reportedly got the theme from something that Sunnyland Slim was doing. The rhythm "irregularities" are simply mistakes.Is all that true? Dunno. I do know this, though. George Smith felt no compulsion to duplicate the "mistakes". He straightened it out and kicked some serious butt in the process. Here's a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AVEzq3wMfg