RE: [Harp-L] RE: Fiddle Tunes on Harmonica - Articles by Tony Eyers

> Richard Hunter has done a lot of work with alternate tunings, Brendan
> Power and myself likewise. And of course Charlie McCoy is famous for his
> use of country tuning (or more precisely, for the music he has created
> with it). James Conway also uses some alternate tunings, and Steve Shaw
> uses Paddy Richter for playing traditional tunes. Off the top of my head
> I can't think of other players known for using alternate tunings.
>
> Tony Eyers

There's Jean Sabot in Brittany, possibly Europe's best kept traditional harmonica secret!  Whilst many of us, me included, will treat changing the Richter setup with trepidation, altering one reed here and there, Jean is fearless about ripping his harps apart and rebuilding them to his own requirements.  He is not constrained to just one or two closely-related tunings at all. Check him out - he's brilliant, and I know he is because I've played in sessions with him! :-)   http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jsabot/

Steve

Hotmail, Messenger, Photos  and more - all with the new Windows Live. Get started!
http://www.download.live.com/