Subject: [Harp-L] Hering Chromatic

Hadn't planned on airing this...but I had problems with them.  Twice, in
fact.

Instruments (harmonicas) came in from Musician's Friend without packing
materials so not only were the boxes broken, but chips out of the wooden comb of
a tremolo whose box was shattered by those of the bigger, heavier chroms I'd
bought at the same time (early 2005), and causing a bent slide on the smaller
chromatic. For the record, my purchases were: a Super 64 Hohner Chromatic,  a
270 Hohner Bb Chromatic and a 56 C/G Hohner Tremolo.

Later I gave them a 2nd chance...Xmas 2007. Ordered some book/cd play
alongs. Over $130 worth.  They came in slowly, piecemeal...the last box was  missing
the most expensive book/cd (about $40).

Both times immediate calls to the company resulted in my being informed  that
it 'could not possibly have happened' the way I described, since their  boxes
are x-ray screened and counted for the number of items included...so the
missing packing materials would have been noticed in the first instance, and the
missing book in the 2nd.  In effect, I was lying.

How does one argue against this kind of accusation by a telephone  rep?

They finally made good on the 2nd problem...probably because they had no
other copy of the book/cd in stock..it was on 'backorder', so pretty much proved
my point that they couldn't possibly have sent one out to me (but only  after
a long argument).

The first shipment of the harmonicas was never resolved in my favour, since
their attitude was that I must be merely trying to return played  instruments.

I wouldn't have said anything even now.... Errors happen...with any online
company, any vendor of any product...but that you'd refer to Coast to Coast as
'chumps' for no seemingly good reason, is what prompted this response.

Elizabeth

"Message: 4