RE: [Harp-L] TODAY'S LESSON-response to Mr. Peloquin

> From: pfmoore439@xxxxxxx > Junior was 40 when he did the video.? He died when he was 63, so I would characterize him> at the height of his career rather the tail end. Junior's economic use of notes was as much> his trademark as his tone and showmanship.> > Don't be confused, there's lots of ways to play harp. There's no police watching you > and certainly?I am not telling anyone what is cool or not.> Just thought it would be fun to share the video and have folks enjoy it.>

My reference to Amos Blakemore (JW) was from seeing him "perform" in San Jose CA in 1992 - 58 at the time. Doing way more mugging and way too much space for it to be remotely interesting to me. A boatload of harp players were clustered around him at the bar trying to find the Holy Grail. I think that they failed.

Junior in his prime? --that was just damn good playing and out of the box that SB & LW had made. Junior ruled!

Now Cotton tended paly a lot of notes, however many that is.

No Blues Police? next thing you will be telling me the NSA wasn't monitoring everyone's communications including harp-l!Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.com http://www.myspace.com/peloquinharpsax