Re: [Harp-L] Lee OUCH-Skers

I've said this before.

When I returned to the harmonica in 1989ish, I acquired a Lee Oskar that
seemed to constantly snag my mustache. At the time, I thought the corners were the
culprits. So I filed the cover down, lowering the top coverplate a little. It
only made the harp quieter. Years later, I have several Oskar harps in a
variety of keys and the same mustache the harp is still the same. What changed? I
learned to get a better seal (embouchure) on the harp, thus providing less
opportunity for the harp to snag my   shaggy 'stache.

In short: Forget the patchwork: work on your embouchure.
Hope this helps.
Phil