[Harp-L] Clinton Harp (+ KL & HIP)

Winslow said:
Kenny Loggins presented President Clinton with a specially inscribed Joe Filisko harmonica....

To which Randy power replied:
I still have that issue. Does KL play the harp? Does Bill blow the harp? And is HIP still in circulation?
--------
Winslow has already answered about HIP. As to Bill and blowing, I wouldn't touch that topic to save my soul. :)

But I can answer about Kenny Loggins and harp. Yes, KL can play harp (amongst many other instruments,) and pretty damn well. He also is smart enough to surround himself with good harp players, as witnessed by the inclusion of both Howard Levy and Norton Buffalo on past recordings.

As to his last CD ("How About Now") and his upcoming one (tentatively titled "Underneath The Same Sky,") I am happy to report I got the call, and he was a pleasure to work with. Because he plays himself, he has an understanding of the instrument -- both in terms of it's capabilities and limitations -- which makes working with him in the studio far easier than it could be (and has been) with some others.

cheers,
Tom Ball
Santa Barbara CA