[Harp-L] Famous presidential quotation

Famous presidential quotation ;

" Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipeful of sweet hemp and playing my Hohner Harmonica "

- A.Lincoln 1855

To which John replied ;

I bet it's fake as well - Hohner celebrated their 150th anniversary in 2007, they were formed in 1857.
Since that supposed quote is dated 1855, it can't be real

In fact,
It' a misquote ,
it should read :

" Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch hohning my
sweet hemp-pipe and *smoking my  Harmonica"

- Adolf Lincoln 1855

*
"smoking my  Harmonica" refers to an early technique of comb sealing

Hope this helps !!!

http://newhokumsheiks.com

http://harmopoint.com