[Harp-L] Harmionica music to wake up to

Speaking of 'it's not about the gear' - I saw Annie Raines & Paul Rishell perform last weekend in Cambridge Mass in a small cafe and they were both wonderful!!  The entire show was done acoustically (Paul switching between National Steel and acoustic guitar) and Annie used her out-of-the-box Hohner Marine Band Deluxe, using an SM-58 straight thru the small PA.  Her music and tone was, as usual, simply to die for - 'haunting & pure' may be a good description; and all without any pedals, effects, anti-feedbaks, fancy boutique amps, black-label mics, or any other stuff most need to help color our tone - just perfectly unadulterated exquisite harmonica music, plain & (not so) simple! How refreshing...!

PS - Annie (my teacher) has enlisted me to help her start a Harmonica Club in Massachusetts; of which there has been none in many years.  Any helpful suggestions from those who have done this before would be greatly appreciated, as we begin to begin this endeavor! Thanks!!

Barry
http://www.myspace.com/gracieblues